Direct Tv - Whole home DVR Service is a Scam.
Beware of the DirecTV (DTV) Whole Home DVR Service.Make sure they provide you with the required HD Receivers for each room.
DTV sold me their Whole Home DVR Service and told me that I would be able to watch recorded programs from any of the four rooms in my house. Since the HD Receiver was in my room, I did not know that they had installed incompatible standard receivers in the other rooms. They installed one DVR in the living room, one HD Receiver in my room and two standard Receivers in the remaining rooms. The one HD Receiver works with the DVR and can share recorded media but the standard receivers cannot--they lied to me to get me to buy the service.
When I discovered this issue, I contacted them. After speaking with a customer service rep and getting nowhere fast, I asked to speak to a Supervisor. This did not get me any further. The Supervisor immediately told me that since the system was installed more the 14 days ago, he could not do anything to resolve the issue and I would have to pay $199.00 for another HD DVR and $99.00 for another HD receiver.
I pointed out that according to the DTV advertisement, one DVR is supposed to be able to be shared by up to 15 TVs and asked why two more HD receivers would not work.
The Supervisor insisted that it would not work and that it is ridiculous to think that 15 TVs could share one DVR.At this point, I am a very unhappy DirecTV customer as I feel that I was lied to in order to buy their product which does not work as they advertise.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Amy Mcquaig & Mary Mcquaig of Jacksonville, FL are operating a talent management & fashion business. Ranging from portfolio building (photography) to entertainment etiquette training, their business is supposed to..."
- "I am a landlord in bloomsburg pa. one of our buildings we own has 9 apartment units. one of our tenants had direct tv installed. The tech guy that came..."
- "I was so surprise that kixeye suspended my account after i bought gold from them, for the past one year i have spend more than $1000 from this game (war..."
- "hi, We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After..."
- "Hear my warning get as far away from this "supposed company" as you can. I would love to tell my entire story but there were just so many numerous problems..."
- "I found out from someone that he had been charged an interest fee twice one for the balance owed plus interest on top of that interest.They did this on a..."
- "I've known for quite sometime that there was a hacker on my internet service and using up my bandwidth. I've called Dish.network a couple times only to get "there's nothing..."
- "Worst Internet Provider (IP) ever! Broad band is supposed to be 25 Megabits per second according to new FCC rules (January 2015). Frontier Communications isn't even close; not..."
- "I got a coat off this firm the pockets was so high they cut across the waistband two tailors said it could not be put right should never have left..."