Direct Tv - Whole home DVR Service is a Scam.
Beware of the DirecTV (DTV) Whole Home DVR Service.Make sure they provide you with the required HD Receivers for each room.
DTV sold me their Whole Home DVR Service and told me that I would be able to watch recorded programs from any of the four rooms in my house. Since the HD Receiver was in my room, I did not know that they had installed incompatible standard receivers in the other rooms. They installed one DVR in the living room, one HD Receiver in my room and two standard Receivers in the remaining rooms. The one HD Receiver works with the DVR and can share recorded media but the standard receivers cannot--they lied to me to get me to buy the service.
When I discovered this issue, I contacted them. After speaking with a customer service rep and getting nowhere fast, I asked to speak to a Supervisor. This did not get me any further. The Supervisor immediately told me that since the system was installed more the 14 days ago, he could not do anything to resolve the issue and I would have to pay $199.00 for another HD DVR and $99.00 for another HD receiver.
I pointed out that according to the DTV advertisement, one DVR is supposed to be able to be shared by up to 15 TVs and asked why two more HD receivers would not work.
The Supervisor insisted that it would not work and that it is ridiculous to think that 15 TVs could share one DVR.At this point, I am a very unhappy DirecTV customer as I feel that I was lied to in order to buy their product which does not work as they advertise.f34a587 review #221221
You may also like
- "c/o Special Artist Agency 345 N Maple Dr, #302 Beverly Hills, CA 90210 USA Leonardo DiCaprio is a ripoff actor! His salary is bankrupting our country to live is greedy rich life..."
- "Amy Mcquaig & Mary Mcquaig of Jacksonville, FL are operating a talent management & fashion business. Ranging from portfolio building (photography) to entertainment etiquette training, their business is supposed to..."
- "15 hrs ago i made a post in regards to direct tv making an Unaurthorized transaction on my account, i had No Contract, No ties, No links to direct tv,..."
- "Bait and switch. Showed a picture of a lovely arrangement - "Glorious Garden" and even paid to upgrade it to the max. But what was delivered was small, pathetic and..."
- "Received an offer stating that I would receive 25000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy. Called several times to confirm the offer. Each time the representative..."
- "On 01-10-2015 I have purchased a 2011 Audi R8 at Presidential Auto Leasing and Sales. Dealer requested full payment of $110,000.00 in order to issue Bill-of-Sale. Mark Fentress (General Manager)..."
- "My wife who has cancer Was on puppy find,found this puppy for 1200 with shipping 1400 seller called from (503-401-1117) I asked for photos and after tell me it was..."
- "To summarize the past few months please see the email below that I wrote to Petco in March. I have yet to receive a response from them. My mom has..."
- "Christy McCann (a.k.a. Christy-Rocket McCann) was found guilty in a Concord (Country Costa County) court of law of fraudulently selling a 21.5 inch computer monitor, which was advertised by her..."