SEND YOUR DIRECT TV COMPLAINTS DIRECTLY TO THE VP

SR VP, Customer Care

2230 E Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Email: Ellen.Filipiak@directv.com

Consumers, UNITE! There IS power in numbers. Bombard, innundate Ms. Filipiak's office with your concerns and complaints. If there are as many as I believe there are, they will not be able to ignore them.

Additionally, I urge you to contact your Better Business Bureau (again, if they get enough complaints, they CAN do something about it) and contact your County Consumer Affairs office (contact name and address can be found on your local County website).

Stop these people from stealing our money and providing abominable service.

106010ff review #161083
247 246 Helpful?
Had the same issue40 Comments1035 Report
Had an experience with Direct Tv?  Submit review about this company
3317 of 3960 Direct Tv Reviews

Feb 22 Pingree Grove, Illinois

Dear BP
IM VERY UP SET OUT OF THE BLUE MY DISH STOPPED WORKING I CALLED YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY COULD FIX THE PRO LET AND WOULDN'T GET A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT UNTIL WED
I HAVE A DEMENTIA-ALZHEIMERS PARENT WHO'S ONLY CONSOLATION IS TO WATCH TV BUT TO WAIT 3 DAYS LATER IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE IM SURE YOUR DEPT COULD HAVE MADE AN ATTEMPT TO OVER BOOK A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT BY MY AREA AFTER ALL THIS WAS NOT OUR FAULT AN THEN TO BE WITHOUT SERVICE FOR 3 MORE DAYS
IM SORRY IF I DONT HAVE A TECHNICIAN OUT BY MY HOUSE ON MONDAY I WILL CX MY SERVICE AND GO WITH COMCAST!!!
MY = 224 465 9900 LINDA M

Alb

Jan 31 Winchester, Virginia

direct tv has the worst customer service line I have ever dealt with. Their Moto must be direct tv is always right which is a huge problem since the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My aunt had one rep tell her she had a protection plan and could call, then when she called was told she didn't have a plan and would have to pay. Why should a consumer pay for support? The rep from Ohio was so rude that eventually had to hang up on him. I fixed my aunts issues and urged her to switch. I was considering direct tv but that will never happen after this experience.

Blitzwing

Jan 30 Hastings, Minnesota

Tonight we were trying to change our billing address with direct tv ,the first operator we talked to had a bad attitude right from the start.she would blow and sigh after every question and comment .after about 15 minutes I asked her if she was having problems breathing because of all the deep breaths she was taking ,she said no ! I am not! .i asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold .after about 10 minutes with no sound I told my wife I think she is listening to us and asked if she was there and the heavy breathing started she would not answer me just breathing .so I hung up and called back and talked to another operator and asked to talk to supervisor and was transferred to another operator that said no supervisors we're available at that time ,I told them *** someone is there and hung up and called back again and again until after 5 people I finally got a supervisor ,told her the story and the reply I got was like I was the bad guy and that poor operator was the victim.i wish Comcast was in our area so I can ditch direct tv .i could not believe that it took about an hour to file complaint on their operator and it probably won't make a diffrence at all.

Jan 25 Portland, Oregon

I have spoken to them regarding an additional box for a room three times. Each time I am told something different. They keep extending my upgrade. First it was at 1 year then I am told 18 months now they just told me 24th months. Comcast is worth the difference. Anyone know how I can drop my DirectTv 6 months shy of contract expiring. Please.
Signed: Fed UP.

Charlotte

Jan 23 Covington, Georgia

Having problems with playlist having to reset box daily to be able to scroll down, the supervisor Jennifer is telling me this is a know problem, that they have been aware of this sine Dec. 10. 2014, I suggested replacing the
box, she telling me it's that particular box. That the engineering dept has been working on this for months. I'm shocked, in other words you are telling your customer you don't have answer. My answer if those enginneer can't cant resolve this fire them, get someone that do the job.

Jan 10 Tucson, Arizona

My promise to Direct TV. If we can not watch the New England play off game today, we will cancel Direct TV. That's my promise to you.

Duffy

Jan 02 West Yellowstone, Montana

I'm going to NETFLIXS, cancelling all channels, going back to the basics!!! They can charge themselves into ***.

Ripped off by Sunday Ticket

Dec 22, 2014 New Castle, Pennsylvania

According to DirecTV Corporate Governance area of the website. Ellen Filipak is not who complaints need to go to. It is Ed Balcerzak. This is directly from their website.
"If you've contacted Customer Care and require additional clarification or support, contact Ed Balcerzak, Sr. VP of Customer Care. "

Thunderjefuwi

Dec 10, 2014 Redmond, Washington

watching HMMC channel. The shows are great, but why should pay extra for this channel, than have to watch commercials.
Than when the commercials come on I need to lower the Volume. In Wisconsin it is illegal to change the volume higher for commercials. Hope someone brings suit against this. Also, every little rain, or snow my system fails. Can't wait till my contract is due, as I feel cheated by Direct TV and their policies.

Jalus

Nov 27, 2014 Worcester, Massachusetts

If you live in NEW ENGLAND do NOT sign a contract with DIRECT TV. The smallest disturbance in weather will knock your reception out from one hour to as much as a full day.
My reception is lost from once to several times every month. I plan on buying out my contract and returning to cable.
A small monthly savings is not worth the constant aggravation ... life's too short.

1 0 Reply
Alienjew

Nov 21, 2014 Baltimore, Maryland

I emailed this person with my complaint, Ellen Filipiak and it came back undelivered. Does anyone have new information regarding who I can contact??

Lil

Nov 13, 2014 Swarthmore, Pennsylvania

I hate these people. All lies since the first time I spoke to them. Wish a class action suit could be filed. I was lied to about their contract and I am tied in for 2 years. I am tired of calling about having to reboot the box before we can even turn it on. They put me thru 3 or 4 different people and then I get a dial tone that the call has been lost. I just want to pull my hair out.

Kenneth

Nov 09, 2014 Killeen, Texas

I call on 11/03/14 to tell a superxvised a my bill on 09/27/14 the customer sever tell my bill would run 109.84 a month but when I got my bill this month it was 111.54. The supervised toll me was'nt not anything he could do help me I say your customer sever tolk me 109.84 a month and your point is and then I ask to speak to his boss. When my boss don't take call but he will you in 72 hour. I wait until to Sunday and call to back. If someone could call back so I can talk bad service I got my name is Kenneth smith 936-522-8918.

Pissed Pete

Nov 02, 2014 Dallas, Texas

I called to ask if I was going to be installed after 3 weeks of no installation and I was yelled at by a CS rep. It has now been 44 days and no installation. They have my money and I'm afraid to call in fear of being yelled at. I believe this is called stealing.

tom

Nov 02, 2014 Ennis, Montana

Dumbing down of America, go to work at Direct TV. Great picture, fuzzy if you ever need to contact the centers. They are trained to always put you on hold so they can ask a supervisor what to do. No training, hiring the bottom 1% in the country. Then if you have any other questions, you will be guaranteed to be forwarded at least three times to the wrong department. How does she keep her job?

0 1 Reply
Gette

Oct 15, 2014 Delhi, Iowa

I am really disappointed with Direct TV, unless I want to watch commercials there is little else to watch..It's pretty obvious that Direct is only interested in the money they can make from the commercials not providing shows the comsumer's can watch. My son has free antenna TV and has more variety than I have. Everyone I know is saying the same thing..

Dex

Oct 15, 2014 Houston, Texas

Been a customer since 2005, move once always had DirecTV, had a problem with a bill and my account was cancelled and sent to collection in a months time even though I paid more than half the bill due with plans to pay the rest the next month. I was sent a early cancellation fee of 400.00 because someone from Directv indicated on my account that I went to Comcast and then came back! Really! now they want me to dispute this with corporate by email or letter. keep in mind a member since 2005!!!!!

G19

Nov 23, 2014

Did the same to me when I moved, was a customer for 5 years prior, they never came to install my service, now it's in collections and on my credit report.. Was being billed for service that was never hooked up, then they just cancelled it

Qumiby

Oct 15, 2014

Sent a check for payment of $1000 on September 12, 2014. Our bill was 143.35, so a credit balance should have been applied. Instead, we have received a past due notice of $331.80, and our service is being disconnected tomorrow, October 16, if we don't pay. Have spent five hours on phone since Friday, Oct. 10 trying to get this corrected. Spoke with: Kathy, Laura (online), and Alvin. Have also filed a complaint with BBB. I cant believe that there is no one in this company able to check their deposit files with JP Morgan Chase Bank, where the cancelled check was stamped to be deposited by DirecTv, and to post this payment correctly. It is very poor, when people spend time working, pay their bills, and get shafted the way this company has done!!!!

1-20 of 1035 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.