SEND YOUR DIRECT TV COMPLAINTS DIRECTLY TO THE VP

SR VP, Customer Care

2230 E Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Email: Ellen.Filipiak@directv.com

Consumers, UNITE! There IS power in numbers. Bombard, innundate Ms. Filipiak's office with your concerns and complaints. If there are as many as I believe there are, they will not be able to ignore them.

Additionally, I urge you to contact your Better Business Bureau (again, if they get enough complaints, they CAN do something about it) and contact your County Consumer Affairs office (contact name and address can be found on your local County website).

Stop these people from stealing our money and providing abominable service.

128a2cc6 review #161083
248 249 Helpful?
Had the same issue42 Comments1041
Had an experience with Direct Tv?  Submit review about this company
3393 of 4364 Direct Tv Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

Mar 29 #965442 Washington, District Of Columbia

Well after going through talking to 2 male representatives, I finally got a woman named Patricia who was in Georgia. She solved my problem, instructed me how to find a movie, and was very courteous. Well you know what they say, if you want a job done, ask a woman. Thank you Patricia. I promise not to blow up my direct tv.

JAKE

Mar 19 #960665 Orlando, Florida

I recenttly got direct tv , let me just say the word FRAUD.wish i did my homework thanks to AT&T for pushing their customers to get this piece of ***.

Jack Coyote

Mar 22 #961956 San Antonio, Texas

My experience with Direct TV at no time was I told that I was under contract. Needless to say their
service was awful I finally gave up and went to another cable service. Now they are asking for 367.oo dollars claiming I
left early. I signed with them in Feb 2014 and left Feb 2015. I do not pay for no service given and they can send me direct
to *** at age 78 it won't be long but I will not send a red penney. Their claim is that I signed in NOv 2014 and left Feb 2015.
They were so anxious to sign me the claimed no contract

Mar 17 #959593 Buford, Georgia

I'm a new customer. And I have been mislead several times already. I was give false info on product as well as cancelation. If your thinking about getting direct TV don't I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy

Bill

Mar 16 #959467 Redmond, Washington

I called this morning to cancel my free preview package .I was offered a reduced price for HBO and Encore programing . I wanted to talk it over with my wife( KAY) we talked it over and decided to do it .When I called back tonight to try and get it I was told It was not available to me tonight . This is very disappointing to me since we have been with you 13 years .
John Prickett
P.S. please respond to this .

DBH

Mar 14 #958434 Valdosta, Georgia

I understood that DirectTV was a bargain the first year of the contract when you agree to a two year contract. Everybody should know that this is the marketing ploy to make you think it is a good deal when in reality it's not cheaper and in most cases higher than cable. They use their customers as bargaining chips against programmers like FOX and threaten to discontinue that programming even though the customer was told this programming would be available when they signed the two year commitment. Everyone knows that a thunderstorm can cause a total loss of signal that could last a few seconds, minutes or maybe even an entire program. If it's something like a re-run that is interrupted that is bad enough but if it's the SuperBowl or the World Series, then you might be very upset. That's the nature of Satellite TV. I had cable on through two hurricanes (downgraded to tropical storms) and never lost my signal. I have had very few situations requiring me to contact Direct TV customer service but the often brag about how great it is compared to competitors. Well, as mu two year commitment was ending I called and they offered to give me a $25 discount and free HBO, Showtime and Cinemax for three months. I also was able to cut $16 from my bill by changing from Ultimate to Choice package. That was to be a $41 monthly discount off my $109.54 bill. The next bill came and it was for $91.06 and that included a $13.87 prorated credit for the lower package. I called customer service and... Show more

Feb 22 #949551 Pingree Grove, Illinois

Dear BP
IM VERY UP SET OUT OF THE BLUE MY DISH STOPPED WORKING I CALLED YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY COULD FIX THE PRO LET AND WOULDN'T GET A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT UNTIL WED
I HAVE A DEMENTIA-ALZHEIMERS PARENT WHO'S ONLY CONSOLATION IS TO WATCH TV BUT TO WAIT 3 DAYS LATER IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE IM SURE YOUR DEPT COULD HAVE MADE AN ATTEMPT TO OVER BOOK A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT BY MY AREA AFTER ALL THIS WAS NOT OUR FAULT AN THEN TO BE WITHOUT SERVICE FOR 3 MORE DAYS
IM SORRY IF I DONT HAVE A TECHNICIAN OUT BY MY HOUSE ON MONDAY I WILL CX MY SERVICE AND GO WITH COMCAST!!!
MY = 224 465 9900 LINDA M

Alb

Jan 31 #939201 Winchester, Virginia

direct tv has the worst customer service line I have ever dealt with. Their Moto must be direct tv is always right which is a huge problem since the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My aunt had one rep tell her she had a protection plan and could call, then when she called was told she didn't have a plan and would have to pay. Why should a consumer pay for support? The rep from Ohio was so rude that eventually had to hang up on him. I fixed my aunts issues and urged her to switch. I was considering direct tv but that will never happen after this experience.

1 0 Reply
Blitzwing

Jan 30 #938892 Hastings, Minnesota

Tonight we were trying to change our billing address with direct tv ,the first operator we talked to had a bad attitude right from the start.she would blow and sigh after every question and comment .after about 15 minutes I asked her if she was having problems breathing because of all the deep breaths she was taking ,she said no ! I am not! .i asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold .after about 10 minutes with no sound I told my wife I think she is listening to us and asked if she was there and the heavy breathing started she would not answer me just breathing .so I hung up and called back and talked to another operator and asked to talk to supervisor and was transferred to another operator that said no supervisors we're available at that time ,I told them *** someone is there and hung up and called back again and again until after 5 people I finally got a supervisor ,told her the story and the reply I got was like I was the bad guy and that poor operator was the victim.i wish Comcast was in our area so I can ditch direct tv .i could not believe that it took about an hour to file complaint on their operator and it probably won't make a diffrence at all.

Jan 25 #936281 Portland, Oregon

I have spoken to them regarding an additional box for a room three times. Each time I am told something different. They keep extending my upgrade. First it was at 1 year then I am told 18 months now they just told me 24th months. Comcast is worth the difference. Anyone know how I can drop my DirectTv 6 months shy of contract expiring. Please.
Signed: Fed UP.

Charlotte

Jan 23 #935287 Covington, Georgia

Having problems with playlist having to reset box daily to be able to scroll down, the supervisor Jennifer is telling me this is a know problem, that they have been aware of this sine Dec. 10. 2014, I suggested replacing the
box, she telling me it's that particular box. That the engineering dept has been working on this for months. I'm shocked, in other words you are telling your customer you don't have answer. My answer if those enginneer can't cant resolve this fire them, get someone that do the job.

Jan 10 #929153 Tucson, Arizona

My promise to Direct TV. If we can not watch the New England play off game today, we will cancel Direct TV. That's my promise to you.

Duffy

Jan 02 #924163 West Yellowstone, Montana

I'm going to NETFLIXS, cancelling all channels, going back to the basics!!! They can charge themselves into ***.

Ripped off by Sunday Ticket

Dec 22, 2014 #919850 New Castle, Pennsylvania

According to DirecTV Corporate Governance area of the website. Ellen Filipak is not who complaints need to go to. It is Ed Balcerzak. This is directly from their website.
"If you've contacted Customer Care and require additional clarification or support, contact Ed Balcerzak, Sr. VP of Customer Care. "

Thunderjefuwi

Dec 10, 2014 #914025 Redmond, Washington

watching HMMC channel. The shows are great, but why should pay extra for this channel, than have to watch commercials.
Than when the commercials come on I need to lower the Volume. In Wisconsin it is illegal to change the volume higher for commercials. Hope someone brings suit against this. Also, every little rain, or snow my system fails. Can't wait till my contract is due, as I feel cheated by Direct TV and their policies.

Jalus

Nov 27, 2014 #906890 Worcester, Massachusetts

If you live in NEW ENGLAND do NOT sign a contract with DIRECT TV. The smallest disturbance in weather will knock your reception out from one hour to as much as a full day.
My reception is lost from once to several times every month. I plan on buying out my contract and returning to cable.
A small monthly savings is not worth the constant aggravation ... life's too short.

1 0 Reply
Alienjew

Nov 21, 2014 #904036 Baltimore, Maryland

I emailed this person with my complaint, Ellen Filipiak and it came back undelivered. Does anyone have new information regarding who I can contact??

Lil

Nov 13, 2014 #899561 Swarthmore, Pennsylvania

I hate these people. All lies since the first time I spoke to them. Wish a class action suit could be filed. I was lied to about their contract and I am tied in for 2 years. I am tired of calling about having to reboot the box before we can even turn it on. They put me thru 3 or 4 different people and then I get a dial tone that the call has been lost. I just want to pull my hair out.

Kenneth

Nov 09, 2014 #897712 Killeen, Texas

I call on 11/03/14 to tell a superxvised a my bill on 09/27/14 the customer sever tell my bill would run 109.84 a month but when I got my bill this month it was 111.54. The supervised toll me was'nt not anything he could do help me I say your customer sever tolk me 109.84 a month and your point is and then I ask to speak to his boss. When my boss don't take call but he will you in 72 hour. I wait until to Sunday and call to back. If someone could call back so I can talk bad service I got my name is Kenneth smith 936-522-8918.

1-20 of 1041 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct Tv.
Filing a new complaint about
×