SEND YOUR DIRECT TV COMPLAINTS DIRECTLY TO THE VP

SR VP, Customer Care

2230 E Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Email: Ellen.Filipiak@directv.com

Consumers, UNITE! There IS power in numbers. Bombard, innundate Ms. Filipiak's office with your concerns and complaints. If there are as many as I believe there are, they will not be able to ignore them.

Additionally, I urge you to contact your Better Business Bureau (again, if they get enough complaints, they CAN do something about it) and contact your County Consumer Affairs office (contact name and address can be found on your local County website).

Stop these people from stealing our money and providing abominable service.

review #161083
248 250 Helpful?
Had the same issue43 Comments1046
Had an experience with Direct Tv?  Submit review about this company
3419 of 4062 Direct Tv Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

May 10 #982425

I have been a customer for as long as I can remember...I'm very up set, once I GET TO LIKE A CHANNEL Direct TV cancels it....The most recent annoyance is the cancellation of the YOU TUBE App. on the extras area....I watch this all the time...It's so much fun seeing the crazy videos put on by my friends and co-workers....WHY DID IT GET CUT? The voice on your phone number indicates YOU TUBE was upgraded and only viewable wit a Samsung TV...That Makes No sense whats so ever!

May 05 #980203

I have been a customer for quite a while I must say the customer service is horrible. Check my call record for the pat year..My latest took two days to resolve (Which I have my doubts).I have an account ending in 655. I no longer live there as things change. I have another account 17112179 where I live now.I called to remove 655 and got nothing but heartache. One lady said I would have to pay $500 to cancel I said throw me in jail.I called back and was told $200 by another.. I finally got Christina in LA she got me to RAY . He told me all was well and would take care of it. Also refund me an error in billing of $58 I was overly charged.He said to call back with the 17112179 number so I could prove I had another account cuz he could not find it.I said he would not be there but he said anyone could help me (HAH HAH )I called back and no one knew anything I asked for a supervisor and was told you do not have any working (I could tell this from the ignorance of the people I talked to. Totally irresponsible. I wasted one whole day and part of another trying to close my account 655 This was not the first time I have headaches Something need to be done as your company is terrible with customers. I worked thirty years in a High Stress life threatening job and required accountability Your company does not.I know I will now have more problems Because the last girl Mary said she was closing both accounts I said NO only the 655 one Forget about the other it has nothing to do with the... Show more

May 04 #979740

Service out on Sunday....but they can't send a tech out until Friday! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!???? I'm so fed up with Direct TV. But yet they always thank me for being a loyal customer since 07'. Yep, thats the THANKS I get.

Apr 28 #977823

These people are all idiots. Just hung up on some ignorant lady who couldn't answer any of my questions. All she could say is I don't know about five times. Finally, I asked if I could speak to someone who could answer my questions...she didn't say a word to me, but I could hear her talking to co-workers about unrelated things..finally I hung up, frustrated with DIRECT TV's "customer service."

Mar 29 #965442 Washington, District Of Columbia

Well after going through talking to 2 male representatives, I finally got a woman named Patricia who was in Georgia. She solved my problem, instructed me how to find a movie, and was very courteous. Well you know what they say, if you want a job done, ask a woman. Thank you Patricia. I promise not to blow up my direct tv.

JAKE

Mar 19 #960665 Orlando, Florida

I recenttly got direct tv , let me just say the word FRAUD.wish i did my homework thanks to AT&T for pushing their customers to get this piece of ***.

Jack Coyote

Mar 22 #961956 San Antonio, Texas

My experience with Direct TV at no time was I told that I was under contract. Needless to say their
service was awful I finally gave up and went to another cable service. Now they are asking for 367.oo dollars claiming I
left early. I signed with them in Feb 2014 and left Feb 2015. I do not pay for no service given and they can send me direct
to *** at age 78 it won't be long but I will not send a red penney. Their claim is that I signed in NOv 2014 and left Feb 2015.
They were so anxious to sign me the claimed no contract

Mar 17 #959593 Buford, Georgia

I'm a new customer. And I have been mislead several times already. I was give false info on product as well as cancelation. If your thinking about getting direct TV don't I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy

Bill

Mar 16 #959467 Redmond, Washington

I called this morning to cancel my free preview package .I was offered a reduced price for HBO and Encore programing . I wanted to talk it over with my wife( KAY) we talked it over and decided to do it .When I called back tonight to try and get it I was told It was not available to me tonight . This is very disappointing to me since we have been with you 13 years .
John Prickett
P.S. please respond to this .

DBH

Mar 14 #958434 Valdosta, Georgia

I understood that DirectTV was a bargain the first year of the contract when you agree to a two year contract. Everybody should know that this is the marketing ploy to make you think it is a good deal when in reality it's not cheaper and in most cases higher than cable. They use their customers as bargaining chips against programmers like FOX and threaten to discontinue that programming even though the customer was told this programming would be available when they signed the two year commitment. Everyone knows that a thunderstorm can cause a total loss of signal that could last a few seconds, minutes or maybe even an entire program. If it's something like a re-run that is interrupted that is bad enough but if it's the SuperBowl or the World Series, then you might be very upset. That's the nature of Satellite TV. I had cable on through two hurricanes (downgraded to tropical storms) and never lost my signal. I have had very few situations requiring me to contact Direct TV customer service but the often brag about how great it is compared to competitors. Well, as mu two year commitment was ending I called and they offered to give me a $25 discount and free HBO, Showtime and Cinemax for three months. I also was able to cut $16 from my bill by changing from Ultimate to Choice package. That was to be a $41 monthly discount off my $109.54 bill. The next bill came and it was for $91.06 and that included a $13.87 prorated credit for the lower package. I called customer service and... Show more

May 08 #981742

I called just before the end of the 1st year and told Directv that if I wasn't given a discount for the 2nd year, I would be leaving at the end of the contract. I was given some perks and discounts.

Feb 22 #949551 Pingree Grove, Illinois

Dear BP
IM VERY UP SET OUT OF THE BLUE MY DISH STOPPED WORKING I CALLED YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY COULD FIX THE PRO LET AND WOULDN'T GET A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT UNTIL WED
I HAVE A DEMENTIA-ALZHEIMERS PARENT WHO'S ONLY CONSOLATION IS TO WATCH TV BUT TO WAIT 3 DAYS LATER IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE IM SURE YOUR DEPT COULD HAVE MADE AN ATTEMPT TO OVER BOOK A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT BY MY AREA AFTER ALL THIS WAS NOT OUR FAULT AN THEN TO BE WITHOUT SERVICE FOR 3 MORE DAYS
IM SORRY IF I DONT HAVE A TECHNICIAN OUT BY MY HOUSE ON MONDAY I WILL CX MY SERVICE AND GO WITH COMCAST!!!
MY = 224 465 9900 LINDA M

Alb

Jan 31 #939201 Winchester, Virginia

direct tv has the worst customer service line I have ever dealt with. Their Moto must be direct tv is always right which is a huge problem since the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My aunt had one rep tell her she had a protection plan and could call, then when she called was told she didn't have a plan and would have to pay. Why should a consumer pay for support? The rep from Ohio was so rude that eventually had to hang up on him. I fixed my aunts issues and urged her to switch. I was considering direct tv but that will never happen after this experience.

1 0 Reply
Blitzwing

Jan 30 #938892 Hastings, Minnesota

Tonight we were trying to change our billing address with direct tv ,the first operator we talked to had a bad attitude right from the start.she would blow and sigh after every question and comment .after about 15 minutes I asked her if she was having problems breathing because of all the deep breaths she was taking ,she said no ! I am not! .i asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold .after about 10 minutes with no sound I told my wife I think she is listening to us and asked if she was there and the heavy breathing started she would not answer me just breathing .so I hung up and called back and talked to another operator and asked to talk to supervisor and was transferred to another operator that said no supervisors we're available at that time ,I told them *** someone is there and hung up and called back again and again until after 5 people I finally got a supervisor ,told her the story and the reply I got was like I was the bad guy and that poor operator was the victim.i wish Comcast was in our area so I can ditch direct tv .i could not believe that it took about an hour to file complaint on their operator and it probably won't make a diffrence at all.

Jan 25 #936281 Portland, Oregon

I have spoken to them regarding an additional box for a room three times. Each time I am told something different. They keep extending my upgrade. First it was at 1 year then I am told 18 months now they just told me 24th months. Comcast is worth the difference. Anyone know how I can drop my DirectTv 6 months shy of contract expiring. Please.
Signed: Fed UP.

Charlotte

Jan 23 #935287 Covington, Georgia

Having problems with playlist having to reset box daily to be able to scroll down, the supervisor Jennifer is telling me this is a know problem, that they have been aware of this sine Dec. 10. 2014, I suggested replacing the
box, she telling me it's that particular box. That the engineering dept has been working on this for months. I'm shocked, in other words you are telling your customer you don't have answer. My answer if those enginneer can't cant resolve this fire them, get someone that do the job.

Jan 10 #929153 Tucson, Arizona

My promise to Direct TV. If we can not watch the New England play off game today, we will cancel Direct TV. That's my promise to you.

Duffy

Jan 02 #924163 West Yellowstone, Montana

I'm going to NETFLIXS, cancelling all channels, going back to the basics!!! They can charge themselves into ***.

Ripped off by Sunday Ticket

Dec 22, 2014 #919850 New Castle, Pennsylvania

According to DirecTV Corporate Governance area of the website. Ellen Filipak is not who complaints need to go to. It is Ed Balcerzak. This is directly from their website.
"If you've contacted Customer Care and require additional clarification or support, contact Ed Balcerzak, Sr. VP of Customer Care. "

1-20 of 1046 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.