Direct TV - Satellite Direct online TV is a scam

3123 of 3709 Direct Tv Reviews
Sep 27, 2009
review #158059

I have been searching for a cheaper way to watch tv online and thought I had found a great deal.Beware everyone before you purchase Satellite Direct TV online!!

They advertise all the channel categories you could imagine for a low price. The problem is once you have downloaded the software, you get this list of about 1000 channel networks all over the world and you have to click on each one of them to see if the channel works. 99% don't work.

I don't have hours and hours to scroll.Now they are refusing to refund me.

8a66c83
1.9
Had an experience with Direct TV?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
3123 of 3709 Direct Tv Reviews
Jenny

Aug 18

It is a scam. Your one time purchase for life is no longer valid with them. I have had several issues with keeping the program running. I was able to re-download the program and get back up and running. But now they have taken down the link for the old version I bought and I am forced to purchase a new version, which I will not. One day the program worked, then I would be blocked access and would have to re-register by downloading the program again per their instructions. Now I am requesting a refund with no luck or response from them. There is not a phone number to contact them.
I did not do anything different to be blocked. I did not change computers or internet service and did not do any upgrades on my computer. One day it works then out of the blue, your blocked with no access.

Jul 24

My experience with Satellite Direct was fairly good for several months,not as good as advertised, but I was satisfied. Then all of a sudden most all of the channels I was watching including the All Sports Channel stopped working. I contacted their customer service---the worst I have ever experienced---It's all done by e-mail and it takes at least 12 hours for them to respond. They would give me a list of things I should do or download, none of the downloads worked, including a change in security settings. The same list twice on two different occasions. When nothing worked they would switch me to a different representative with a new list of to do's. Finally after about 10 days the gave me a web address with a password. They then disabled the original site that I had paid for. So now I am the proud user of Satellite Direct Prime which includes a tiny, tiny fraction of the advertised number of channels, including none of the sporting events that I used to watch. Like I e-mailed them " You took a real good thing and screwed it all up.

Jacks

Apr 24

Just hook up a antenna and a Roku and your good to go.

Caja

Mar 24

I have used Satellite Direct for about one year and find them very responsive if there is a problem. This is not perfect but it is what I consider a great alternative to cable,dish or any other of the type. You will save a lot of money and see most all programs.
After having Dish since 1996 on and off and Primestar aka DirectTV...I think you should give it a try. Use the regular not the upgraded...
This works well overseas as well as in the United States. We are currently expats in South America.

Mandahar

Mar 02 Healdsburg, California

I bought it to watch the oscars and have NO idea how to find them.
We choose ABC and 2 screens of what looks like data merge pops up, one right after the other so the ads aren't synced !
Thank God for the guaranteed refund~oh one more thing, they charged my visa twice, $49.95 twice! I thought the price was $29.95 ??
Not a good.

Burned by Satellite Direct TV

Feb 25

I agee that it's not what they advertise it to be. Pop-up ads play audio even when in fullscreen mode and when not visible. Channels don't work most of the time. Customer service is a bad joke with no punch line. Channels are riddled with intrusion and malware. Don't waste your money.

Burned by Satellite Direct TV

Feb 25

p.s.
I also had the "lifetime" package and hve now been informed support only good for one year. Guess they could not address my complaints

Nov 16, 2013

Hey guys and gals... I'm a real user of ETV Corp's Satellite Direct TV software and have been for years. I've gone through the good, bad and ugly over the years but things have changed for the better with this product/service. Be aware that many negative posts were posted one or more years ago. This product/service is not a scam and their payment processors really do honor the 60 day money back guarantee - refunds are given but seldom do people request when they come to me with questions or visit my site for information. Contact me and maybe I can help answer questions and fix the issue... http://satellitedirecttvreviews.com/blog/

PISSEDOFFREDNECK

Oct 07, 2013

Compete and Total RIP OFF. NO RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS, NO REFUND, NO CHANNELS WORK, NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION.

suji

Sep 22, 2013

it's veryyyyyyyyy poor quality.

Sep 11, 2013 Beausejour, Manitoba

Hi! My husband purchased Satelite Direct TV onto our IMac Computer. I agree, you get this list of channels, and it looks a little confusing. He's figured it out, and we are quite happy with it. At the moment, I'm watching Americas Got Talent. My husband also NEVER misses a sporting event now! So for the one time price we paid, I think it's awesome.

wished

Sep 11, 2013 Crossville, Tennessee

If you have to reformat your computer your software will stop working. Also, if you don't use it for awhile it will stop working. There is no phone contact. If you are lucky enough to get a response from their email you will be given a work around that only works once each time. The latest I have not gotten a response. Also, those that say most channels don't work are right. There is nothing to let you know what a channel is showing and you have to go through up to and over 10 minutes of advertisement even if a channel is working. Go ahead but basically for long range it's a waste (SCAM).

Sep 08, 2013 Loa, Utah

Yep, this is a rip off in my opinion. Trying to communicate is like walking in a circle. The software is not user friendly and technical/customer service is; sorry to say, a very comical waste of time.

ifitz2good2btrue

Sep 08, 2013 Dallas, Texas

for those using the term Direct TV you should actually be stating Satellite Direct if you're talking about the online subscription service. DirecTV is an actual satellite program provider and should not be confused with Satellite Direct and their software of which the majority of the complaints are regarding. (not ignoring those who actually complained about Directv and their 2 yr mandatory service contract similar to cell phone contracts)

Aug 24, 2013

Be aware there are some bogus reviews out there on Satellite Direct where some reviewers are not on the level, provide the facts with pros and cons, and never purchased/downloaded the software to give you the right information. Beware of those reviews. Find a reviewer who actually purchased the software and can provide screenshots and/or video demo. Always contact Satellite Direct to ask questions before making a purchase. That way you know whether or not they respond to emails within 2-3 business days.

k8th

Aug 24, 2013 Tunnel Hill, Georgia

this company is a rip off. cant speak to customer service rep except through email and is nothing like its advertised to be. don't buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 24, 2013

k8th... There was never any other way to contact Satellite Direct but email. It takes them 2-3 business days to respond back to you. Why don't you tell us the real issue other than they are a ripoff. You can search for InternetTvDotCom and leave a message. If you are really that disappointed, just request a refund. Unless, of course, you exceeded the time limited.

Also if your message to them was polite, I don't see why they didn't respond back to you.

Aug 10, 2013 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

@jon-b-good... Firstly, you will never lose your money with ETV Corp's Satellite Direct software. You can send a full refund request to Clicksure or Click2Sell, whichever payment processor you sent your payment to. Secondly, for the issue you are having, you might want to visit a site by a real user/tester and send an email for help (http://satellitedirecttvreviews.com/blog/) or contact the Satellite Direct tech support for help which should be the first thing you do.

@ Jaguar... ETV Corp revamped Satellite Direct to a better version and no longer use Clickbank. They now use Clicksure or Click2Sell as payment processors. The service has informed me that when moving their software from the Clickbank marketplace to Clicksure and Click2Sell, they no longer honor those who purchased the software through Clickbank. I understand they are suppose to honor the lifetime membership but that said they will not for Clickbank purchases -- that's unfortunate!

@tomlinsong... I would love to know your entire story because what you have expressed doesn't seem to apply to Satellite Direct of today. Clicksure and Click2Sell are the payment processors and it's been that way since last year 2012. Clickbank only gave you 60 days after purchasing the software to request a full refund. Now if you made the purchase from Clickbank right in the middle when Satellite Direct switched payment processors, I don't understand why Satellite Direct wouldn't honor your lifetime
... Show more

jon-b-good

Aug 06, 2013

down loaded satelite drect paid my fee got he thumbnail but when i click on it cant get through comes up no running time can anyone enlighten me im 76 ys oldand cant afford to lose his sort of money ty

Jaguar

Jul 22, 2013 Sherbrooke, Quebec

I purchased the product approx. 4 year ago and the channels worked.
Now they have stopped because Clickbank has stopped supporting the product.But I called there new financial co. Clicksure they had my file 1day the next day I don't exit.I send s nasty letter and they connect me back.
First you did not bought any product from these financial co.
because this product belongs to the Satellite Direct TV .
The co. got payed now they are using any *** to make money out
you.Call them back and tell them that you going to file a complain to all financial co.that they are using them as reason to scam you.

Here is all the you need to find all ;ANT.com, similarsiteseach.com
with this you don,t need nothing else.
Here are some sites you guys might be interest in.
Movies; TV SHOWs; SPORTS;
FILMIKZ,ch WACTHFOMNY.com WEBFIRSTROW.eu
MOVIE25.com FIMON.com BOXINGGURU.eu
PRIMEWIRE.ag TVSHOW7.eu LIVETV.ru
ENGLISHANIMES.com ZZSTREAM.li STREAM2WATCH.me
CENTRALTV.fr NOWWATCHLIVE.com

I hope that this can help you guys.
Feed back please.

1-20 of 824 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct TV.
Filing a new complaint about
×