Direct TV - Returned Equipment/chargeing for not returning

1059 of 3709 Direct Tv Reviews
Jul 31, 2012
review #335948

Direct-tv sent me a return label,so I could return the equipment I went to my local post office and the the equipment was returned to direct -tv.Now direct-tv claim they never recieved the equipment,so they turned it over to a collection company claiming I owe them $400.00 for the equipment and early termination first I heard of that (early termination). The collection agency call's me like forty 7 days a week all times of day and night,which I feel they are breaking some of kind of law.Sent equipment may of 2011

8a9d30a
Had an experience with Direct TV?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
1059 of 3709 Direct Tv Reviews

Aug 10, 2013 Leeds, Alabama

Also, do not order extra equipment...they will reset your 24 month service contract without telling you up front. it is buried on another page on their website...they don't bother telling you this because apparently, you should already know.

tvbug

Dec 06, 2012 Nacogdoches, Texas

direct tv cut my service off because i got past due i owed them 180.00 so i called them and asked them if i could pay a hundred dollars on my bill the lady got mad and said we still cant reinstate your service ,but i never asked her to ,i just wanted to pay on my account.She termin ated the call and 3 or 4 days later i got a notice in the mail to return my equipment but i have not as of yet.

Nov 19, 2012

That is $8.00 per month not $800

Nov 19, 2012

If you still have the receipt from the post office where you mailed the equipment. if not get in touch with the post office they may be able to help you by looking back through their shipments. To those of you who want to get rid of DTV if you have internet service go to Amazon or walmart and purchase a Roku Streaming Video player and you will be able to access netflix,amazon,hulu plus and many other free channels for tons of movies and tv shows(netflix hulu and amazon charge around $800 each per month but it sure beats tv.The only draw back is you will not be able to get your local channels but with an antenna you can do this..Most importantly it will save a lot of money each month by getting rid of DirectTV!

Nov 15, 2012 Eustis, Florida

Its to bad that once you become a customer they never have any deals for
reliable customers. Unfortunately living in a rural area they have us by the balls.
Paying as much as $122.00 a month to watch absolutely nothing no HBO etc or
NFL games forget it maybe 2 games on Sunday. Its a total rip off. DO NOT
GET CAUGHT IN THEIR WEB OF LIES

tina9983

Nov 10, 2012 Austin, Texas

Direct-tv sent me a return label,so I could return the equipment I went to my local post office and the the equipment was returned to direct -tv.Now direct-tv claims they never recieved the equipment,so they took 400$ out of my account for the equipment. I have been on the phone with Direct-tv over 10 times in the past 2 months (totalling over 12 hours of my life collectively that i will never be able to get back and didn't have to give in the first place) trying to resolve the issue of them taking my money. They then charged me a month in advance for services, after I returned the cable boxes. So now I'm out a total of over 500$ from these people. I have since disconnected service and will NEVER go with Direct TV again. It would have been cheaper to to buy my own satellite. They don't tell you that you can buy your own equipment on ebay and avoid the 100$ initial fee + 10-20$ monthly fee (per box/satellite). Their advertising office call's me several times a day, 7 days a week all times of day and night trying to get me to come back, which is most likely breaking some of kind of law. Sent equipment august of 2012.

Janice Samsing

Sep 26, 2012

You are obviously in Obama's hip pocket since about the rep.convention. The Active listings of the current top 5 shows have almost always shown Fox News Net. up in those listings. Now suddenly MSNBC shows have replaced them. MSNBC was never shown! Now FOX has dissapeared from sight. No one watched MSNBC and now almost everyone is? Really?

hollins1

Sep 23, 2012

EVERYONE in their right mind's are aware,That no matter what type of service you subscribe to their is an early termination fee.Weather it be DIRECTV-COMCAST ETC.ALSO everyone in their right mind's are aware that the return label that is sent by DIRECTV is suppose to be returned by FEDEX which is located right in front of the USPS.I do not understand why?A person would go into the USPS to return property to DIRECTV.THIS is stated on the return label,TO carry box to USPS and DROP IN FEDEX BOX not the USPS OFFICE.Why?DOES NO ONE READ THE LABEL FOR RETURN OF PROPERTY.I have returned several product's to DIRECTV and HAVE had no problem's.DIRECTV state's you will be charged for their property if it is not RETURNED in a timely manner.PEOPLE wonder what is wrong with the children now a day's.I myself wonder what is wrong with ADULT'S who do not read instruction's when they are in Plain and SIMPLE ENGLISH BLACK AND WHITE.DUH!MAYBE the problem is a lot of people cannot read and FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTION'S.THIS is not DIRECTV'S FAULT.IT is your's.WTF.IF you cannot read plain ENGLISH.PLEASE get someone who can read to help you.AND by all mean's place the blame where it goes.STRICKLY ON YOU.

Bbcakes

Nov 28, 2012 Lone Tree, Colorado

I followed the instructions when I returned my Directv equipment and still had issues of the same kind. My label was a UPS return, not FEDEX. I returned my items in a timely manner, within 2 days of receiving the labels and my equipment got returned to a warehouse in Texas. Once it was received the chain broke and al of the sudden my items were missing and never returned. I got a large final bill around $400.00 and I had to spend a lot of time on the phone trying to get it cleared up. I was able to finally get the signature and prove to them it had been shipped and received and signed for by one of their employees. So no the blame does not always strictly fall on the consumer.

0 0 Reply
You Should learn TO READ....

Dec 14, 2012 Richardson, Texas

IF YOU HAD EVER READ THE RETURN INSTRUCTIONS THAT DIRECT TV INCLUDES WITH THEIR RETURN SHIPPING BOXES YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE WOULD GO TO THE POST OFFICE TO MAIL IT BECAUSE NOT ONLY DO THE RETURN INSTRUCTIONS READ TO TO RETURN VIA USPS IT EVEN GOES SO FAR AS TO GIVE YOU THE WEB ADDRESS TO SCHEDULE A NEXT DAY PICK-UP AND GOES ON TO EXPLAIN THAT IT WILL BE PICKED UP WHEN YOUR REGULAR MAIL IS DELIVERED!!!! SO I GUESS THAT WOULD MAKE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE YOU WHERE TALKING ABOUT IN YOUR POST.... YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE ARE NOT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND!!!! OR YOU WOULD KNOW THAT!!! AND IF YOU CAN'T READ AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD KEEP IGNORANT COMMENTS TO YOURSELF...YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DUMP YOU JUST MADE YOURSELF APPEAR!!! LOL

Jenn

Jul 31, 2013 Wauseon, Ohio

Bull. I just returned my equipment and it states right on the label to take to your local USPS and return it. Maybe YOU should learn to read *** instead of implying how everyone else is ***.

Offendedbyfools

Aug 20, 2013 Buffalo, New York

First off not every city has a FedEx box in their post office! 2nd. Mine say in the instructions and on the carton inserts USPS! What planet are you from????!!!! There is not ANY mention in the million instructions of ANY FEDEX!!!!! Maybe your city does it differently, but where do you get off knowing the TRUE facts cause you are ignorant!!! You have no clue!!! You don't know the right info!!!!

Notjustme

Sep 23, 2012

Never use a debit card or pay cash when doing business with these people. Use a credit card where you can dispute their charges.
OH! when you return equipment to these scums purchase DELIVERY CONFIRMATION fromt hepost office for about $1

Norma S.

Sep 19, 2012

I had had Direct TV for years, moved around with them and everything. Made my whole family get it, thought they were great. Well, with everything getting so tight I shopped around for a more economical service. 79.99 for 2 yrs phone, net and cable in my new city. I sent back the equipment and called to cancel the service. I was told I owed a freaking termination fee of 175.00. WTF? I have never known them to have a early termination fee. I have been with Directv since 2002. I think I have served my contract. I told the repm I would send them a dollar a month, by money order, by mail, until I die. I am so pissed with them. Initially they tried to charge mne for the equipment. I can not believe the compnay I thought was so wonderful has succomed to gouging people who have been good, loyal customers.

wifi and netflix

Sep 16, 2012

I cancelled direct tv and have wifi through r. and I have an antenna for local channels and I stream netflix and hulu on my blueray player $60. wallmart. so I pay 59 for my wifi and $8. for netflix and 55 for my phone unlimited everything. and thats all I pay for my triple play phone ,net and tv.
I love it

terry mann

Sep 05, 2012

back on July 20Th i payed my insurance and phone bill, on July 23rd direct TV pulled almost 600 out of my green dot money card without my consent but the funny thing is They didn't pay my ins and phone bill but i paid the ins and phone first on the 20th, i still don't have my money and i have no ins and a disconnect notice on my phone. now today i bought a new card from walmart so i would have a different card, they took my money that i needed to pay bills and when i went to activate it they said that i can't have a card cause i disputed direct tv and this is the same company i don't have a signed contract with, now the green dot card has my money and direct tv has my money about 1100 dollars worth not counting what all i have lost. now i think walmart, green dot, and Ge capitol bank should be held responsible, i would like to Get enough people to Get a class action suite against all three, my email is steel.mann@hotmail.com. when they steel all of are money who will shop at walmart or have money for the bank or order direct tv. something has to be done. green dot said they called and left a message if so with who and do you think if they would have told me that i couldn't have a card over there screw up to start with i dang sure wouldn't have handed them another 720.00 $ and i have all the proof.pawned my guns to pay these bills now i have no ins and phone will be shut off over direct tv's ***, and nothing to pawn to get the money.the funny thing is i was just at sams and... Show more

betsy marshall

Aug 16, 2012

:x a sorry company money hogs

jody

Aug 10, 2012

I am so sick of paying for channels that I do not use. I do not understand who makes up these packages. The way the economy is, we have to watch our pennies. I am ready to get an antenna for local channels and buy my season series. It would be cheaper!!!

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct TV.
Filing a new complaint about
×