Direct Tv - Refer a Friend Run Around

My name is Frank Strange, I recently signed up with Direct TV and forgot to give them my referal person's acct# that day so I called back the following day and was told that "it would be ok for just the 1 day" I did howeever give them their name and address and they lead me to believe that they would find it and even told me that the credit would take about 2 to 3 months to show on my bill.They never mentioned that I HAD to have their acct # or I would have called my referal friend and got it that very day.

How clever of Direct TV to intentional with hold this information from a new customer. I waited the 3 months and when no credit showed up I called to see why. I was told then that since it has been 90 days it was too late to get the credit now. Direct TV has so many loop holes that they can wiggle their way out of the very offer they use to attract customers that it is unreal.

I don't do business with swidlers.

When my contract is up, I am changing my provider.Direct TV should be ashamed.

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Customer Service
Review category
Review rating
4 out of 5
review #478295 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Direct Tv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 24, 2014 #798508

They do not give most customers the credit anyway. They LIE! SCAM!!

try again

Mar 10, 2014 #793311 Altoona, Pennsylvania

Call again and ask for a supervisor. The person who referred you should have known how it is done. On their bill and in the fliers the referring customer has all of the information. I imagine since yours did not go through neither did theirs. If theirs got processed the person that referred you did not give you the proper instructions. Especially since you both have to do the almost exact same thing to get the credit.

pay attention

Mar 07, 2014 #792110

It says right o the wedsite you need the account number and if you listen to the commercial with the blonde lady she even right out says you need the account number, it does not get more obvious unless someone puts a giant sign in neon lights in frint of your house. You just did not pay attention

Mar 10, 2014 #793062

Thanks for your advice, but I was not the one refering a friend, so I didn't know about the TV ad until someone refered me. They didn't mention a TV ad, all they told me was to use them as a referal to get $10 a month off. My argument is with the company not informing me of the "the rules" since I clearly asked about it. I would have called my "referal friend" and got their account # if that is what they required. Just crappy that they didn't go the extra mile to tell me the rules.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Direct Tv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Direct Tv.
Filing a new complaint about