Direct Tv - DirecTV - Equipment Non Return Fiasco
OK folks, first of all let me say it takes a lot for a company to anger me to the point of senseless complaining on the web, but in this case I'm livid and I want anyone that has or is considering DirecTV service to be aware of this situation. If nothing else it will help you protect yourself at some point in the future.
So we were loyal DirecTV customers for 11 years. Got our first satellite dish and receiver with money we received from wedding gifts. At that time there were two companies DirecTV and USSB who later combined into what is now DirecTV. Over the years we went through many changes with them, including this BS where despite paying heavily upfront for a new receivers and having to sign contract extensions, they claim you only lease the boxes from them.
So when we moved to our new home, we cancelled our DirecTV service. We were still under contract (this is kinda BS too but that's another story) so we had to pay a $200 termination fee. No problem we paid the final bill in full on April 21 and were done with them, or so we thought. You see part of the cancellation process is you have to return the leased equipment to them. They sent us a prepaid box, I shipped the boxes back to them and according to both DirecTV and FedEx, they received the equipment on April 6.
So on April 22 (after I had paid our final bill), DirecTV added a non-return of equipment fee to our account of $448.80!!! They also immediately charged my debit card $148.80 as part of that and sent us notice of an outstanding balance of $300.00 and sent us a email notice stating our bill was past due $300 on April 23!! So I've been on the phone all day with DirecTV trying to get the Visa charge reversed. They refuse to do so. Instead they want to credit our DirecTV account (which they say takes 5 business days) and then I have to call back and request a credit to my Visa card which could take up to another week! In the meantime, my checking account is missing $!50 it should have, DirecTV refuses to do anything to assist and won't cover any NSF charges if they were to occur (which they won't only because I am fortunate enough to have reserves to draw on). They also refused to provide me with the address of their corporate offices even after I told them it was information I needed for the complaint I'm filing with the Federal Trade Commission regarding them.
So I've filed my complaint with the FTC, I've also disputed the charge with my bank since these charges were not authorized (I was notified by DirecTV in writing that the automatic billing had been discontinued at the end of March). This charge is fraudulent and they refuse to take the proper action which is an immediate reversal of the charge. If you are considering a switch to DirecTV, I'd strongly urge you to consider AT&T U-Verse or Dish Network first. After 11 years of being their customer, I'm pretty disgusted by how I'm being treated. To anyone I've encouraged over the years to switch to DirecTV, I'm sorry, I never knew they were this bad.review #179938
You may also like
- "I am a landlord in bloomsburg pa. one of our buildings we own has 9 apartment units. one of our tenants had direct tv installed. The tech guy that came..."
- "First of all salesman lied to me i asked him if i get the red zone channel of course he said yes but did not inform me it was a..."
- "Green line appeared 1 year after purchase. I contacted VIZIO and told them that purchase was a year ago and may be out of warranty. They assured me that even..."
- "I made an online appointment to file my taxes with the H&R Block near me. The H&R Block office I went to is 4020 W. North Ave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin...."
- "Wanted to ascertain how much it would be to add a day to our upcoming trip. First tried to use the "we will call you back and you won't lose..."
- "i bought a Akita puppies on 8list.com and i was told that it was going to be sent all the way to my house from Arkansas to Greenfield WI.It was..."
- "I was been mislead to purchase a sofa-bed with so-called "free shipping"- "basic home delivery". I live in a building so Basic Home Delivery means (for them) to drop off..."
- "I took a pretty expensive jacket with reflective striping on it to George Wood for embroidery. They sent it to their contractor who does this work for the, They are..."
- "Signed up to have £16000 conservatory built. Given a date for installation, lifted our decking up in preparation called day if installation to be told job was cancelled. 5 dates..."