Direct TV Receiver Fees (Increasing as we write)

2463 of 3882 Direct Tv Reviews
Issue not resolved

It is amazing that I am not the only one experiencing billing issues. After reading some of the posts, I too feel your pain. My complaint is minor compared to some of the $ some of the posters are out. It's not about the money as it is only$5 and $1 increases and fees for me; but the principal of not doing business in a fair manner.

I called last week for tech service while trying to rent a movie. Cost me $5 because he ordered the movie for me. Didn't make much sense to let him off the phone if he didn't fix my problem; but it was $5. I did get the money back for this.

This week; I get the monthly statement and the receiver fees increased from $5 to $6/month. Now granted its not much, but I am less than 3 months into the 2 yr contract and its going up. I saw a post about planned rate increases and I suspected that as well. I am sure they are going to get their money somehow; nothing in life is free as my father has often told me.

My question to them that never got answered; did everyone get the increase or just a few of us because I suspect this planned rate increase will go on throughout the contract.

I think its going to be a long 2 years if I have to fight every month over billing issues and it is more of a hassle to do it when its just a buck or two. More time invested that its worth and I think that is why they do. Most people spend that on coffee a day.

For me its the principal; I believe in the days of a firm handshake to seal the deal and your word is what mattered. God bless my Grandparents.

Direct TV has not scored well so far; but who cares there is only them and Dish to choose from in my area; or NO TV at all.

d4a74d7 review #223582
0 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments3 Report
2463 of 3882 Direct Tv Reviews
Had an experience with Direct Tv?  Submit review about this company
Stocks22

Jan 16, 2012

4% increase feb 8 2012. Drop them. We are paying for their south American expansion!

eskimo

Mar 17, 2011

I cancelled my order before installation: they kept giving me different prices, until I felt I could not believe anything they told me. They refused to provide the service/price in writing, and were very evasive. No one else expects me to sign a two-year cntract without spelling out the service and price being contracted for.

Yep

Mar 14, 2011

Agreed, they suck but so do the other telecommunication companies in my area. Comcast was no better.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.