Direct TV Receiver Fees (Increasing as we write)

3078 of 4497 Direct Tv Reviews

It is amazing that I am not the only one experiencing billing issues. After reading some of the posts, I too feel your pain. My complaint is minor compared to some of the $ some of the posters are out. It's not about the money as it is only$5 and $1 increases and fees for me; but the principal of not doing business in a fair manner.

I called last week for tech service while trying to rent a movie. Cost me $5 because he ordered the movie for me. Didn't make much sense to let him off the phone if he didn't fix my problem; but it was $5. I did get the money back for this.

This week; I get the monthly statement and the receiver fees increased from $5 to $6/month. Now granted its not much, but I am less than 3 months into the 2 yr contract and its going up. I saw a post about planned rate increases and I suspected that as well. I am sure they are going to get their money somehow; nothing in life is free as my father has often told me.

My question to them that never got answered; did everyone get the increase or just a few of us because I suspect this planned rate increase will go on throughout the contract.

I think its going to be a long 2 years if I have to fight every month over billing issues and it is more of a hassle to do it when its just a buck or two. More time invested that its worth and I think that is why they do. Most people spend that on coffee a day.

For me its the principal; I believe in the days of a firm handshake to seal the deal and your word is what mattered. God bless my Grandparents.

Direct TV has not scored well so far; but who cares there is only them and Dish to choose from in my area; or NO TV at all.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3078 of 4497 Direct Tv Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 16, 2012 #410601

4% increase feb 8 2012. Drop them. We are paying for their south American expansion!

Mar 17, 2011 #261667

I cancelled my order before installation: they kept giving me different prices, until I felt I could not believe anything they told me. They refused to provide the service/price in writing, and were very evasive. No one else expects me to sign a two-year cntract without spelling out the service and price being contracted for.

Mar 14, 2011 #260053

Agreed, they suck but so do the other telecommunication companies in my area. Comcast was no better.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.