Direct TV - Early Cancellation Fees
I was a Direct TV Customer for over 6 years.Having issues with the receivers they sent me, they sent me a leased machine.
What I did not know at the time and never agreed to was that when they sent me the leased machine, they also put me in a two year contract. About a month or two getting the new machine, I cancelled my service because I was still having machine issues. About a month later I get a $300+ charge to my bank account. I ask why they changed me and it was for a early cancellation fee on my contract.
I said I never signed a new contract and that I had been a customer since 2002 and should not have a contract. I challenged them to show me where I verbally or signed a new contract.
They just said they would not refund me my money.
I am hitting all the complaint boards and BBB and considering spending the money on a small claims suit.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "When I first decided to make my which to direct tv I was asked before I signed the contract that what made you decide on direct tv? I told them..."
- "I called and setup service with them. They instantly took out the $136.98 out of my checking out. After a few appointment reschedules, I confirmed my technician arrival..."
- "So pissed at Direct TV. We weren't paying attention to where the guy was installing the dish (which is 4' wide). He placed it right in front of the kitchen..."
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "Where do I begin? I am highly dissapointed I hear terrible reviews about walmart but did not believe them. Now I am a believer of the terrible and horrible customer..."
- "Untrustworty Review SystemSep 21, 2010wwwvrbocom20213 says:DislikesOtherPoor customer supportComments:This site has a bogus and worthless traveler review system. The systemhas no quality control measures to validate reviews. The reviews aresubjective and..."
- "Never do business with Robert Whitfield of Advantage Realtors in Roswell Georgia. In January 2014, he scammed me out of money by claiming he would send me a set of..."
- "The owner, Jimmy John Liautaud is a "canned hunter" which means he pays hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot animals point blank. $100K for just one of his..."
- "These people simply do not stand behind their product and will do their best to weasel out of any warranty related claim. Rather than let their individual retailers manage..."