Direct TV Dropping Channels
I had Dish Network and all was well.We live in a heavily treed area and in the spring a large tree about three blocks away caused our dish to not be able to be sighted to satellite.
Tech tried with no luck. We switched to Direct TV and were happy with picture and service. Several months after we got the service, and a 24 month contract, Direct TV dropped VERSUS Network. They said they were getting ripped off and would not pay the high prices demanded by VERSUS.
ALL Of their competitors still offer VERSUS as part of their packages. Direct TV forced me to take a higher package just to get VERSUS and then dropped it. When I called the first times, they said negotiations were in progress and they should offer VERSUS soon. No such luck.
When I called about dropping the Direct TV service, they want a $260 penalty for dropping them. I told them I was very happy overall with the service, but the lack of VERSUS which I watched the most, was not acceptable. The Rep was very obnoxious and very surly. He told me that they had lost 1.5 million customers over the VERSUS deal,and would not offer any relief for early termination.
If they change your package, you should be able to change or drop your service without penalty.I would gladly pay for VERSUS if I didn't have to pay for all of the *** channels that go into a package that no one watches.
I have filed a complaint with the AG's office and we'll see what happens.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Television/ Radio
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "I have sat here and read all of these complaints and must say I think I have made my choice and am going to end my services. From day one..."
- "When I first decided to make my which to direct tv I was asked before I signed the contract that what made you decide on direct tv? I told them..."
- "July 1 we applied Deck over. Spent 365 dollars for a product that is now peeling. Looks horrible, wont wven ckean up good... Bad product...."
- "We spent several thousand dollars on windows for our home in two installations within six months. Not being professional window installers, we didn't know until the second installation that..."
- "Wow I wish I had seen these reviews before I ordered flowers. I thought they were a local florist in Gainesville, Florida - WRONG. Like others said the..."
- "Jjdresses mislead costumers and rob right in front of your eyes We have ordered 8 dresses for a g Wedding all of them were a total fail. We had to..."
- "We bought this leather lounge from Harvey Norman and sale person insist on buying the 5 years Multimaster Ultimate Product Warranty and saying it will cover all common accident like..."
- "I placed an order for 5 tickets to the ALDS: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays - Game 1 (Home Game 1) from VividSeats.com on Thursday October 1, 2015 The..."