Direct TV Dropping Channels
I had Dish Network and all was well.We live in a heavily treed area and in the spring a large tree about three blocks away caused our dish to not be able to be sighted to satellite.
Tech tried with no luck. We switched to Direct TV and were happy with picture and service. Several months after we got the service, and a 24 month contract, Direct TV dropped VERSUS Network. They said they were getting ripped off and would not pay the high prices demanded by VERSUS.
ALL Of their competitors still offer VERSUS as part of their packages. Direct TV forced me to take a higher package just to get VERSUS and then dropped it. When I called the first times, they said negotiations were in progress and they should offer VERSUS soon. No such luck.
When I called about dropping the Direct TV service, they want a $260 penalty for dropping them. I told them I was very happy overall with the service, but the lack of VERSUS which I watched the most, was not acceptable. The Rep was very obnoxious and very surly. He told me that they had lost 1.5 million customers over the VERSUS deal,and would not offer any relief for early termination.
If they change your package, you should be able to change or drop your service without penalty.I would gladly pay for VERSUS if I didn't have to pay for all of the *** channels that go into a package that no one watches.
I have filed a complaint with the AG's office and we'll see what happens.d3a6706 review #172177
You may also like
- "A quick fame moment for the Moroccan Actress Maryam Hassouni. Her parents Alia and Abdelbaki Hassouni are Moroccan and moved to the Netherlands a few years before Maryam was born..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months..."
- "In the process of wedding planning, the #1 advice I got from former brides was to invest in a good photographer. Why? Because the photos or videos you get are the..."
- "I decided to order the manual treadmill as a gift because of the big 'GET THIS ITEM BEFORE CHRISTMAS' sign lit up next to the price. I ordered this 14..."
- "Do not buy from sephora!! I made a order online 12/10 it came today 12/17 and the only thing in the box was the samples!! The Tarte palette was the..."
- "Payed 82dollars for a neckless and had 3 jewels fall out of front and 5 out of the charm inside and I only wear it on the weekends and got..."
- "CellItUsed.com stole my phone! Either that or $123 of my moneyâ€¦ Let me explain... I have used other "sell your cell phone" type services in the past. Whenever I used one,..."
- "Finally got through mold remediation. These are the pictures of my home. This is the type of quality you get when you purchase a palm harbor. These ripoff artists told..."