Direct TV Dropping Channels
I had Dish Network and all was well.We live in a heavily treed area and in the spring a large tree about three blocks away caused our dish to not be able to be sighted to satellite.
Tech tried with no luck. We switched to Direct TV and were happy with picture and service. Several months after we got the service, and a 24 month contract, Direct TV dropped VERSUS Network. They said they were getting ripped off and would not pay the high prices demanded by VERSUS.
ALL Of their competitors still offer VERSUS as part of their packages. Direct TV forced me to take a higher package just to get VERSUS and then dropped it. When I called the first times, they said negotiations were in progress and they should offer VERSUS soon. No such luck.
When I called about dropping the Direct TV service, they want a $260 penalty for dropping them. I told them I was very happy overall with the service, but the lack of VERSUS which I watched the most, was not acceptable. The Rep was very obnoxious and very surly. He told me that they had lost 1.5 million customers over the VERSUS deal,and would not offer any relief for early termination.
If they change your package, you should be able to change or drop your service without penalty.I would gladly pay for VERSUS if I didn't have to pay for all of the *** channels that go into a package that no one watches.
I have filed a complaint with the AG's office and we'll see what happens.1086fb2c review #172177
You may also like
- "Check here for false ad; www.sixblade.com/directv So I saw the ad, I wanted the HD receiver, the packages looked good so I bit. Easy as 1-2-3 right?Actually it was pretty..."
- "After months of shotty service and incorrect bills, we finally cancelled our DirecTV account after almost 10 years of being a customer. They couldn't have cared less and the months..."
- "First of all salesman lied to me i asked him if i get the red zone channel of course he said yes but did not inform me it was a..."
- "Ordered flowers and balloons for husband's birthday. They delivered them a day early. What was delivered for the flowers was cheap and sad looking--nothing like the fully upgrade $65 charge..."
- "I sat at counter and had all I could do to not throw up. The stainless and shelves were nasty. The manger looked nasty. Pants dragging on floor wearing..."
- "Wow, my bouquet looked nothing like the picture. It was sparce and scattered with sloppy chocolate decoration, and I sent it as a bday gift to my lil niece. I..."
- "Scott Holdridge is a lying cheating ***. Horrible, HORRIBLE customer service. File a claim and they take 4 days to get back to you. They're never in their office....."
- " George Braswell is a horrible man. He cheats companies out of quality product. He cheats his employees out of a good work experience. My significant other currently works there,..."
- "To whom it may concern, I am writing this review to this breeder because I hope I can help some of the reader and consumers hoping to buyer a puppy in..."