Direct Tv - Direct tv customer service

4095 of 4229 Direct Tv Reviews

I just wanted to talk to a customer service rep about getting some generl information.I could not reach anyone without giving a phone number of where I wanted service first.

I was on a cell phone and could not set up service for s phone number that I don't have. Also, I decided to tell the recording that indeed, my cell is a number that I want service so i could talk to some one and when i complained about the menu options, "Joseph" hung up in me. The customer service is a joke.

i just wanted to find out how to be a customer and get some questions answered but it seemed that the didn't want to give me the info unless I was getting sevice installed.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4095 of 4229 Direct Tv Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 19 #997167

Directv sucks...Was suppose to have installation today, but the lazy tech said he could not find a signal...he didn't even try and look around the house for a signal. Sooo I am watching Dishtv install my dish. By the way Dish tv wants to thank you for sending them so much business.

Jun 17 #996211

They broke my contract and took money out of my account that was NOT aurthorized. Do not let them in your Bank Account. Use a credit card. They got pissed when I cut them off. Payback.

Jun 11 #993979 Olathe, Kansas

Yes, join the growing movement of pissed customers of Direct TV.
Get a different bank account because they will always find a way to steal from you. And never use them or Xfinity....same problem

Jun 11 #993972 Olathe, Kansas

Just like
Xfinity....please let me speak with "Adonis" the Greek God from India, who promised me the moon and I only got screwed.
And because I would NOT BUNDLE everything (I did NOT WANT IT), he turned off my service - business internet and all with the flick of a switch...too much power people

Jun 11 #993971 Olathe, Kansas

CUT THE CABLE...Go look up Antenna TV / Get an INDOOR antenna with a booster OR you can get an outside one.
You can't beat FREE TV. So you might not get every channel under the sun, but do you really need those?
Tell all the TV companies to *** it.

rb

Nov 05, 2013 #737952

what is happened to direct just going thru the channels nothing on worth watching my bill is 90 dollars a month I am paying info commercial channels by the dozens I have an idea allot a few channels for that *** put something on the other channels get something new in your movie selection time to wake up

Stephanie

Jan 18, 2012 #411487

I am not a complainer and I know there are rules and regulations. But last week my HOUSE BURNED TO THE GROUND...I lost everything in the home. I called Direct TV...they suspended my account for three months, but the sales/free stuff aren't suspended, so time is ticking. Then because my units were incinerated (along with my TV and everything else in my house), I have to pay a non returnable fee and then when I do find a place to live, I need to pay for new ones at regular/full price. Holy wow...it's not like my kids put them in the dishwasher or I can them over with my car, my house caught on fire and the last thing I was worried about was the *** units...however, seeing as Direct TV is the only company that wants to screw me in my time of misfortune, it should have been the first thing I thought of. My *** landlord did not have homeowners insurance (I did not know) and I had literally just moved in...still had stuff in boxes, so my home owners insurance was not activated yet. Geez...talk about kicking you when you are down. Oh, at the very end...very end of the conversation, the guy on the phone must have got a sense that he was screwing me and being a *** and threw in the "hope everyone was ok" line. Ugh...really. Now, because I was still in the first month of the contract, I will have to pay for this for the remainer whether I have a house or not.

Terri

Jan 02, 2012 #401614

My mother signed up for Direct TV and then a day later received a call, saying she can't have it because a travel trailer and guest house on her property do not have separate electric meters. Seriously? I have Direct TV and have had no problems with my account but trying to talk with the rep (ext 40382) about this is like talking to a tree and I haven't been able to get connected to a supervisor. I'm sure Charter loves this guy, he's giving them lots of business!

joshua rickard

Nov 23, 2011 #379198

direct tv froze my checking account for three days now :( :cry :x :sigh

Jun 11 #993968 Olathe, Kansas

Yes they think they have the right to rob and pillage at will. Get another bank account. Because they will dream up something months later to try to suck it out of your account.
BTW I went with Antenna TV ...you all should look it up and get on board. Cut THE CABLE PEOPLE!

Wilbert Rice

Sep 18, 2011 #346048

I know the feeling,this date 09/18/2011 Directv can go suck on Lemon until their jaws cover their whole being.

terry

Sep 12, 2011 #343032

Never use Direct TV NEVER NEVER NEVER. Poor customer svc

Yolanda

Sep 12, 2011 #343003

I took a vacation day on Friday, September 9, 2011 and waited my allotted time from 10 to 2:00. At 1:30 after not hearing from someone, they said that my tech had an emergency and couldn't come. I said that wasn't acceptable because I don't have any more vacation time. They schedule some other tech and first off he says that no one in my complex has it because I have an HOA. I said I've seen people with the tripods holding the dish on neighbors patios. Then he comes in and tells me he can't do my basement because it is concrete, so I tell him I would be willing to change to the main level living area. He then said he would have to put wire all over my house and said he could only do the two bedrooms. Who just wants cable in their bedrooms? I have a family and we need the living room. I was responsible for sending the equipment back myself through UPS, thankfully at no charge, but I can't find anyone to tell me how I go about getting my $59.99 back. I keep getting the run around and actually they don't answer, because I believe they have their phones set up to not take certain numbers. I keep getting a voicemail. I had my daughter call from her phone and they answered right away. They gave her yet another phone number to call and she can't get through. I wish I would've read this website first, This outfit is very unethical. Where can we get help. I'm going to call the attorney general's office and the BBB as well.

mrs french

Aug 06, 2011 #324468

:( my husband just spent almost 2 hours with the rudest person ever from direct tv. They switched our account number b/c of problems installing and tell us our rebate no longer applies. WTF we would not have purchased without rebate. *** company!

myron kinzler

Jul 01, 2011 #307206

we have had direct tv for many yrs...i just talked to a rep...kim garais...about the dvr receiver swap they are doing and she was very helpful and solved my problem...we love direct tv, so not every one is having problems!!! bigdog35@netins.net

DARREL G JOSELYN

Jun 01, 2011 #292880

I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT CHARGES BEING ADDED TO MY BILL SEVERAL TIMES, AFTER HOLDNG ALL OF 2 HOURS I GOT PUT ON HOLD FOR ANOTHER 30 INS BECAUSE I ASK TO TALK TOA MANAGER.. I KEEP GETTING CHARGED FOR CHANNELS I DO NOT WANT,HAVE NOT WANTED SEVERAL TIMES,WHAT DO I DO ? THEY ARE STEALING FROM ME

Bill

May 25, 2011 #290603

Directtv sucks!!!
DO NOT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have more issues with them that I do not have the time to type or to take any time for a reader to read it
Just don't do it !!!!!!!!
DON"T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RICHARD SOTO

Apr 21, 2011 #277264

WHERE CAN I JOIN THE LAWSUIT AGAINEST DIRECT TV THEY HAVE GOT ME/ WHAT AN EXCUTE FOR A COMPANY TOMORROW I AM CALLING TO SEE IF I CAN CANCELL I HAD SERVICE FOR TWO DAYS HAVINFG LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH THE REMOTES I AM GOING TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO SO I CAN GET OUT OF THIS CONTRACT CAN SOMEBODY HELP HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TWO YR CONTRACT MAY HAVE TO SUE SOMEBODY

RICHARD SOTO

Apr 21, 2011 #277261

I JUST GOT DIRECT TV ON 04/20/11 AND ALREADY HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE EQUIPMENT CALL TO DISCUSS THE ISUSES AND NOW MY WIFE SAID SOMEONE CALLED AND WAS TOLD THAT MY SERVICE WAS GOING TO BE CANCELLD I TOLD THE LADY THAT I CALLED TO FIX THE PROBLEMS OR I WOUND CANCELL BUT SHE TOLD ME THAT I WOUND HAVE TO PAY FOR TWO YRS EVEN THOUGH I JUST GOT SERVICE ON 04/20/11 ONE DAY AND THE REMOTES AND THE RECIVERS ARE MESSING UP AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THIER CUSTOMERS

Leslie

Apr 20, 2011 #276591

I have talked hours on the phone with Direct TV bec. my bill was never the $43 it was suppose to be from the beginning and that amt. WAS with taxes included. THe first bill was $78, second bill $79, third bill $74, and after asking time and time again for someone whose dialect I could understand and spending hours on the phone trying to get my bill corrected on many diff. occasions in four months, I joined the law suit in NC against Direct TV. NO ONE SHOULD EVER SWITCH TO DIRECT TV. IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-20 of 42 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.