Direct TV and Verizon bundles beware...

3702 of 3759 Direct Tv Reviews
Apr 08, 2008
review #117545

I ordered a bundle package from Verizon, which included cable service from DTV. A technician came to my home and installed the cable (DTV) service. I have chosen to cancel my Verizon services, which unfortunately includes the DTV service (because to date Verizon has not fulfilled my order with internet (DSL) service).

A representative, from DTV informed me that I had 3 days after the installation date to have discontinued the service and if I chose to disconnect the service I will be charged a $460.00 fee for breach of contract, which I never signed nor received.

I am disappointed and furious because Verizon, which represented partnership with DTV, informed me that I have 30 days to discontinue services if I am not satisfied. When I asked the DTV representative why I was not informed of this important detail from Verizon, she stated because they are unaware of the information. Her response is hard to believe and if it is true, needs to be changed because two major companies joining in partnership/affilliation should be aware of one another’s terms and regulations; if not conflicts such as this will constantly create problems.

After writing to Billing Disputes the problem has not been amended...customer service is no assistance with this matter, but I'm not giving up.

97bd108
Had an experience with Direct TV?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Where has good customer servic

Aug 06

This is still apparently a problem, at least in southern California. I agree with Judy G - too bad there isn't more competition. I was so fed up with Time Warner that I set up new service with the Triple Bundle with Verizon and Direct TV (phone, internet, and TV). They quoted one price when they sold me the package but then sent separate (Verizon and Direct TV) email confirmations that total about $60 more than the quoted price. When I called I was ultimately assured that the price I was quoted "sounded right" and would be the price that showed up on my bill. I told them that I had emails saying something different and that I really needed my rate confirmed in writing. They told me that wasn't possible with their system but not to worry, I would see the correct rate on my first bill. This is after a couple of hours of telephone runaround trying to get someone to help me and trying to escalate the call. I cancelled the service before anything got installed. I just can't believe they expect me to just go on faith that I'll be paying a price lower than what their systems generated in emails to me. How sad that I actually think I'm better off staying with Time Warner. At least Time Warner is trying to maintain me as a customer. The whole Verizon/Direct TV thing is way too sketchy for me.

JudyG

May 26

...Not to mention how expensive the triple bundle is! It makes me sick that we don't have the opportunity to choose which companies and services we want. What ever happened to the "monopoly" laws??? There's just not enough competition. I hate paying for all those stations that I never watch. I only watch 6 stations and have to pay for 204 that I never watch!

Lars

Aug 08, 2013 Erie, Pennsylvania

I too have had nothing but problems with this bundle from day one, have not gotten the service I was told I would have. All they do is pass the buck and I am sick of it. :(

Lissa

Sep 22, 2012

My hat is off to your asutte command over this topic-bravo!

lena

Jul 11, 2012

dont understand why if you cancel a channel you get charge 10.00when all they do is press a buttnthat just not right

debra

May 31, 2012

I was SOLD hard on the Direct TV/ Verizon Bundle and it has been the worst billing service I have ever encountered. I was billed the 1st 2 months by direct tv correctly on their online bill pay. Then it got bundles for internet with verizon and I never got a correct bill. The 2 companies don't talk to each other. I have been over charged and now I have NO SERVICE due to non payment. I want to cancel and they have the nerve to say i will be charged if I cancel. The worst ever!

1 0 Reply
Melissa dlc

May 15, 2012

I was told by the verizon rep i would receive a bundle included cable phone and internet. She told me she would call me back with my confirmation number to confirm i was able to receive cable in my apt thru verion. I then received a bill for phone and no other services. I called to cancel and mailed in the bill to cancl and no one cancelled my order until twomonths later. It is now 2yrs later and today i am still fighting this bill with the cpuc in which i NEVER used the phone service ! This is like way back when it was impossible to cancel your AOL service and when you finakly cancel they make you pay for the time in which you were trying to cancel the *** service you never wanted inthe first place. RIDICULOUS.

Self Serving Lying Manipulator

Dec 11, 2011

F--- Y--

apprehensive pa

Aug 12, 2011 Erode, Tamil Nadu

I am suppose to get the package direct tv, verizpn and internet this weekend, now after reading the horrible stories I am very apprehensive in Pa. Has it gotten any better since 2010?

1 0 Reply
John Hough

Jul 20, 2011

Direct TV and Verizon are just a bunch of crooks. I was supposed to recieve a $50 rebate per month. I recieved a $50 gift card once. The monthly bill creeps up consistantly. I gave them my business in the form of a bundle to save money. It was an open door excuse to victimize me.

Melanie

Jul 19, 2011

Furious and will be filing charges and complaints against the business dealings of Verizon and Direct TV. They have wronged me in every way possible financially and tacked on things never agreed to. They are dishonest.

JOE

Jul 19, 2011

Verizon are crooks! They will give you a free game package without your knowledge for 14 days then they'll charge you the full amount every month until you catch their scam.

Fred

Jun 12, 2011

To all who have problems with directv or any others pack up all your paper work and send it to your state attorney general with alittle explaination on what happened.Next send it to your state represenative.--- Get results and they keep a log of complaints after so many they will go after these companies.

Dream2long

Mar 18, 2011

DirectTV offered $10 Cash Back if you ordered 4 movies before the new year 2011. So we did and next two bills had no credits. Called and was told credits would come in movie coupon form of $4.99 and $5.99, after two to three billing cycles, which is lumped with my AT&T bill. Fourth cycle now and no coupons, credits. When I called the first time the rep couldn't even find the offer, it took some time then she gave me the two to three billings spin. How many people got cheated out of this. I smell another class action lawyer getting my $10 cash/credit.

The truth about Directv

Dec 21, 2010

Misleading advertising - DirecTV entices new viewers with ads for low prices in big print while hiding a multitude of fees, planned rate changes and other terms in print too small to read.

ETF - DirecTV locks consumers into a two-year contract with a $480 early termination fee without disclosing the terms or even its existence. DirecTV, often without notice or authorization, then charges the consumer's credit card or debit card (tied to a checking account) for the ETF plus hundreds more in equipment fees when the consumer cancels DirecTV.

Rebate confusion - In order to obtain a promotional rate, customers sometimes have to submit a rebate. Customers who submit the rebate form after installation may be charged full price for their service for up to two months. Those who fail to return the rebate within 60 days of an order are charged the full price indefinitely – even if DirecTV failed to adequately inform them of the need to mail the form.

Charging for "free" services, installation and upgrades - The company advertises “free” installation and upgrades such as an HD receiver, DVR receiver or premium channels such as HBO and Starzz. In fact, customers may be required to pay monthly fees for the equipment. The premium channels are offered as a free trial that automatically converts into a paid subscription.

Contract extensions - DirecTV not only requires customers to agree to an extended contract at the beginning
... Show more

0 0 Reply
cons

Sep 22, 2010

Direct tv charged me a 200.00 deposit when i started using their service last year. and now i am being told that the deposit is non refundable under any circumstances. they claim its a deposit fee

I have already filed a complained with the FCC. and with dtvinvestigation@sprengerlang.com which is the law firm litigating the class action suit against direct tv

If you have had similar problems, please contact them

kiki

Aug 29, 2010

Same thing happened to me when i bundled with Verizon wireless. It wasnt compatible with my home being that you need to install into a phone jack. (noone ever disclosed this infor otherwise i wouldve never ordered) most internet has been put through a modem and box not a phone jack! When i cancelled they never refunded me my $40.00 fee which was for "installation" and 1st month, the service was never connected so I should have been refunded this amount. Instead I get nothing but excuses and a run around stating they have no record of recieving payment even though my credit card statement says otherwise.

THE TRUTH ABOUT DIRECTV

Aug 08, 2010

... Show more

charlieb99

Jul 29, 2010

My mother is 80 and when she received a flyer from Verizon for their triple package of unlimited phone, internet (dsl), and digital TV (DTV) she was ready to switch when she saw it would save her $... she is on a fixed income. DTV came out did their thing. Verizon switched her phone to unlimited but when it came time for dsl they found out it wasnt even available in her area. So, now we go back to them and they adjusted her Verizon bill back to what it was but absolutely refused to do anything about her DTV. I called DTV and they refused as well and stated she has to pay the cancellation fee. What a scam! Verizon "partners" with DTV and sells a bundle. They cannot deliver the bundle but will not step in and cancel with their "partner" when my mom would never have done anything if she knew they could not provide her internet service. She bought a bundle from Verizon in good faith and when they could not follow through they refused to do anything about it... is this how they treat little old ladies everywhere or is my mom special? I am cancelling my DTV service and all of my Verizon services... after what they did I do not want to do business with them.

carson jones

Jul 21, 2010

my friend i ran into the same thing which i got screwed by direct tv and verizon with a 2 year contract verizon sold out and direct tv up my monthly rate. what a scam.

1-20 of 29 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct TV.
Filing a new complaint about
×