Direct Tv - Changed music channels from XM/Sirius

3634 of 4494 Direct Tv Reviews

I am VERY unhappy with the change in music channels on DirectTV from XM/Sirius to Sonic. The channels may still play the same genre of music but the selections suck.

The Bridge and Watercolors were two of the best stations I'd ever heard and the replacements don't even come close. When I heard Whitney Houston on a station where I usually heard the likes of Jackson Browne, Dan Fogelberg, Crosby Stills & Nash, etc. I nearly gagged. When we pay as much as we do for satellite service we deserve what we pay for. If you have DirectTV please let them know if you're unhappy too.

Stamford, NY

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3634 of 4494 Direct Tv Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 30, 2011 #242181

How do you find the last song played on sonic. Channel 854 blues. I looked on the web site but they dont show the last song played only music that they want sell you. I was looking for Sunday Jan 30 10:00 am to 11:00 am Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Jan 09, 2011 #233984

DTV belongs canned. WTF were they thinking dropping XM/Sirius. This Sonic *** is just disgusting, plain awful. What a downgrade in service. This qualifies for immediate dismissal of the people in charge who decided to drop XM/Sirius.

Dec 08, 2010 #220250

sonic is a cheap second rate outfit that treats people like a blank faced number. I have tried to contact them and get some answers as to why they won't play some of the tunes I would like to here on the blues channell instead of some of the consistent repetitive tunes they insist on playing over & over. NO REPLEY treated like just one of the people who go into the not happy category and just another number.

Aug 10, 2010 #174243 Erode, Tamil Nadu

There is a huge opera listening group.It is on Chanel 78 on Sirius radio .Now because of shift to Sonictap ,it is unavailable for TV listening.Bad for Met,Sirius and Direct TV

Jul 31, 2010 #170579

I also have XM/Sirius in my car and can't believe that it is not on Direct TV anymore. XM is way more hipper. Come on Direct your company....except for the music since February.

Jun 09, 2010 #151894

contrary to all the complaints... i like the change from xm to sonic tap on directv. i prefer 70's music and thought it was great when xm first came on. the main reason was that it initially was music only... not dj's at all. thats what i liked about it. then they brought dj's on the air so xm sounded just like any other radio station except for local weather and traffic reports. now sonic tap is on and they don't (so far) have dj's on the 70's channel. thats what i listen to music for ... music! way to go sonic tap!

what the dilly yo!!

May 10, 2010 #142109

Why would you puton the tvto listen to the radio?? get real ppl it is just background noise

Apr 20, 2010 #135156

Yes honestly I have sirius and I listen to it all day at work and Sonic sucks big time I hate it. I tried to listen to it while working in the yard last weekend and it was horrible. Horrible music selections

♣ ♣ ♣T-Wayne ♣ ♣ ♣

Apr 15, 2010 #133358

Sonic is the *** and everyone needs to stop *** about a little new music!!! :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :zzz

Mar 28, 2010 #127977

Sonic's playlist sucks. They seems to play a lot of unknown artists and second rate ***, must be to reduce their royalty costs. If I wanted muzak I would go sit in an elevator.

Mar 18, 2010 #125028

What the *** was directv thinking taking xm/sirius radio off? That was the best music... 814 was mainly todays country hits with a few older songs thrown in..but this sucks!

Mar 15, 2010 #124289

I love XM, Sonic is nothing like it. BLAH.

Mar 15, 2010 #124117

I totally agree!! I don't like Sonic music. :(

Mar 13, 2010 #123563

:( Looking into Dish Network....thanks for forcing my hand Direct TV!

Mar 09, 2010 #122325

It's like sonic music is a cheep imitation to xm radio. Very unhappy with change. When they went to xm/sirus it was the best. Been with direct tv since 95.

Aug 10, 2013 #697541 Leonardo, New Jersey

This is in reply to everyone.... I like Sonic. I hear music on Sonic that I have never heard on XM/Sirius. I'm not saying one is really better than the other. XM does seem to be a bit more repetitious. I guess, to each his own.

Pissy Kiss

Mar 05, 2010 #121183

So angry that they changed to Sonic. They don't play nearly the same GREAT songs as I listened to before. I have Sirius installed in my car and I'd rather drive around and listen instead of coming home and to have Sonic ***.

Mar 04, 2010 #120845

I hate it too guys! I have sirrus/xm in my car, so now I have to bring all my equipment into the house if I want to listen. Directv needs to kill the whole sonic thing and return to real music.

Mar 02, 2010 #119911

I called and complained. :cry I miss BPM and Area Sonic Sucks!

c wayne

Feb 28, 2010 #119327

sonic makes me ill!!!!thanks for protecting me from bad words. i am 52 and would not want to hear cursing while listening to my music. i had much rather hear dead spots instead.

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.